Sunday, June 21, 2009

SL need Sanath, Dilshan to fire | T20 World Cup Finals

The World T20 reaches its climax today, with a dominant Sri Lankan side taking on an impressive Pakistan. Sri Lanka was my pick right from the start, and their comprehensive route to the final is no surprise at all.

They have played exceptional cricket and each and every player has put in a complete effort. Tillakaratne Dilshan had a fantastic IPL and he has carried his form here.

Dilshan and veteran Sanath Jayasuriya have been the best opening pair, and Sri Lanka needs both of them to fire. One of these two has always batted till the end when set, as we saw with Dilshan in the semifinal against West Indies.

Sri Lanka’s two fine spinners Muttiah Muralitharan and Ajantha Mendis have troubled quite a few batsmen, although Lasith Malinga is another unsung match-winner.

I got to take my hat off to Younis Khan and his men, as reaching two consecutive World T20 finals is nothing short of a phenomenal effort.

Shahid Afridi has been in terrific form with the ball and his batting seems to have clicked as well. If he is able to replicate his performance from the semifinal, we could be in for another upset.

In all probability, Sri Lanka should walk away with the title, as they have dominated this competition.

Source : Hindustan Times

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclaimer

Sanath Jayasuriya Blogspot is a fan BLOG and is not affiliated to any official cricket board, partners or vendors or company or individuals.

www.sanath189.blogspot.comBlogs/ Pages/ Content/Images or any articles are for informational purposes only.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SITE FOR THE INDIVIDUAL. This is a purely informational site about the individual and it is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, the individual. This information on this site was obtained from public sources, and may not be accurate, complete or up-to-date.

Clicky Web Analytics